- All important aspects of Illustrator CS5, described in simple English
- Different artworks used to exemplify the techniques and capabilities of Illustrator CS5
- Many tips and techniques given to help you quickly become an expert
Table of Contents
Illustrator CS5 Training Guide is a step-by-step training manual for learning a very versatile and useful graphics design and drawing program namely Illustrator CS5.
- Chapter 1: Introduces the new features of Illustrator CS5. It also describes the basic elements of the software like Menus, Tools, Screen modes, Preferences etc.
- Chapter 2: Explains how to work with Drawing and Painting Techniques. It also helpful for understanding paths, anchor points, various drawing tools and brushes.
- Chapter 3: Introduces the Objects, Graphs and Symbols. This chapter helps to learn how to create objects, enhance graphs and create effects with Symbols tools.
Chapter 4: Deals with Selecting and Editing methods. This chapter explains how to select what you want to change and how to change it. The focus of this chapter is to modify individual paths by cutting, combining and adjusting them.
- Chapter 5: Describes working with Color, Gradient, Mesh and Transparency. It explains how to use Color, Swatches and Stroke panels as well as how to create and edit gradients. It also describes how to change art into meshed lines and how to add realistic shadows to the objects.
- Chapter 6: Covers how to create and edit Text with various Type tools and different formatting styles.
- Chapter 7: Explains about strokes, creating creative strokes, using default patterns and creating custom patterns.
- Chapter 8: Deals with Transformation and Distortion tools. It explains how to transform an object using scaling, rotating, reflecting, shearing and reshaping tools. It also explains how to distort an object with different effects.
- Chapter 9: Describes Path Blends, Compound Paths and Masks.
- Chapter 10: Describes how to create Web Graphics. It also explains Web safe colors, Web formats, Vector Graphics, SVG effects, image scaling etc