Vikas Publishing House
|Number of Pages
This book, designed to be a text for Indian students, traces lucidly the history of English literature from Anglo-Saxon period to the present day. Written in an easy-tounderstand style, the book will be useful not only for students in India but also for those of other eastern countries.
• Abrief but comprehensive political and social history of each literary period.
• An adequate biographical account of every major author.
• Adetailed study of every major author with copious examples from his works, to the extent of making it an independent and self-contained critique.
• Illustrative specimens from authors of middle and minor ranks.
• Summaries or outlines of famous poems, plays, and novels.
• Notes on important figures of European history and literature.
• Brief notices of American and Commonwealth novelties.
• Aglossary of technical terms of literature.