SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Applied Psychometry is a core textbook on the theory and practice of psychometry for undergraduate, post-graduate, and research students of Behavioural and Social Sciences. It is designed to help students in their study of the following papers:
- B.A. Programme Psychology (Core): Psychological Assessment.
- B.A. Honours Psychology (Core): Research Method and Psychological Testing.
- M.A. Psychology: Research Methodology.
- PhD: Quantitative Methods.
- B.Ed / M.Ed./ B.P.Ed/ M.P.Ed/ MHROD/MBA(HR).
This textbook is also valuable reference material for practising human resource managers.
Applied Psychometry is unique in that it serves a dual purpose. While discussing various aspects of psychometry from an applied perspective, it also takes into account the matching theoretical orientation. The important features of the book include:
- Current issues and debates and their implications on the theory and practice of psychometry.
- An active teaching-learning interface with many examples and activities.
- Chapters on multivariate techniques like factor analysis, its applications and real data treatment.
- Construction and standardisation of scales and tests for measurement.
- An Instructor's Manual to facilitate its use and effectiveness in an institutional set-up.
This book discusses the application of psychometry in educational, organisational, clinical and developmental settings, among others. It equips its readers with the knowledge of the latest developments in the field and offers guiding solutions to a set of selected research problems.
Table of Contents
Foreword GREGORY S KOLT
I: MEASUREMENT IN MODERN PSYCHOLOGICAL RESEARCH
Basics of Measurement Theory
Errors in Measurement
Speed Test versus Power Test
Criterion for Parallel Tests
II: THEORY AND PRACTICE OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING
Introduction to Psychological Testing
Scoring of Tests and Problems of Scoring
III: APPLICATIONS OF PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING
Applications of Psychological Testing in Educational Setting
Applications of Psychological Testing in Counselling and Guidance
Applications of Psychological Testing in Clinical Settings
Applications of Psychological Testing in Organisational Setting
IV: ETHICAL ISSUES IN PSYCHOLOGICAL TESTING
Ethical Issues in Psychological Testing
V: FACTOR ANALYSIS
Basics of Factor Analysis
Extraction of Factors by Centroid Method
Application of Factor Analysis