Cambridge University Press
|Number of Pages
Astrophysics For Physicists, authored by Choudhuri, is a book for students studying astrophysics. It is essential for students who intend on specializing in the field of astrophysics.
Arnab Rai Choudhuri
Arnab Rai Choudhuri is an Indian scientist who works in the field of Astrophysical MHD. He has done his M.Sc in Physics from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, and has a PhD from the University of Chicago.
He joined the Physics Department of Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in 1987 as a lecturer, and became a lecturer there in 2002.
Table of Contents
2. Interaction of Radiation with Matter
3. Stellar Astrophysics I: Basic Theoretical Ideas and Observational Data
4. Stellar Astrophysics Ii: Nucleosynthesis and Other Advanced Topics
5. End States of Stellar Collapse
6. Our Galaxy and its Interstellar Matter
7. Elements of Stellar Dynamics
8. Elements of Plasma Astrophysics
9. Extragalactic Astronomy
10. The Spacetime Dynamics of the Universe
11. The Thermal History of the Universe
12. Elements of Tensors and General Relativity
13. Some Applications of General Relativity
14. Relativistic Cosmology