This edition improves on the first and second editions in several ways:
• Trimming "fat" from the book by removing some peripheral and dated coverage of ASP, databases, and older browser versions
• Updating all the code to insure compliance with the most recent popular web browsers including IE, Firefox and Safari.
• Improved examples throughout the book to use more up-to-date and relevant programming techniques
• Reorganization of chapters to help streamline learning of related topics and to better integrate new topics.
Publisher Marketing Description:
• Best Selling Title - The previous three editions of this book have sold over 60,000 copies worldwide.
• Wrox Brand - Written in the classic Wrox Programmer to Programmer style.
TABLE OF CONTENTS : -
• Chapter 2: Data Types and Variables.
• Chapter 3: Decisions, Loops, and Functions.
• Chapter 4: Common Mistakes, Debugging, and Error Handling.
• Chapter 6: Programming the Browser.
• Chapter 7: HTML Forms: Interacting with the User.
• Chapter 8: Windows and Frames.
• Chapter 9: String Manipulation.
• Chapter 10: Date, Time, and Timers.
• Chapter 11: Storing Information: Cookies.
• Chapter 12: Dynamic HTML and the W3C Document Object Model.
• Chapter 14: Ajax.
Appendix A: Answers to Exercises.
Appendix C: W3C DOM Reference.
Appendix D: Latin-1 Character Set.