Tata McGraw - Hill Education
The book is intended to provide an introduction to Computer Organisation and Architecture. In keeping with the basic approach of all schaums series books, this book aims to help the students develop their problem solving skills. The plethora of solved examples and practice questions in the book enables the stiudents to get a intutive grasp on the subject.
New sections on Register Transfer, Micro-operation, and Auxiliary Memory, Flynn?s Classification of Parallel Processing, and Secondary Storage.
Coverage of latest concepts like; Memory stick, SD Card, Flash Memory.
Tutorial based treatment-deals with important concepts through solved examples and solved problems to master the problem-solving skills.
Rich Pedagogy includes:
Solved Examples: 251
Solved Problems: 316
Object Type Questions: 195
Unsolved Problems: 164
Table of content :-
2. Computer Organization
3. Computer Arithmetic
4. Instruction Sets And The Processor Organizations
5. Basic Processing Unit Register Transfer Language, Microoperations, Hardwired And Microprogrammed Control Unit Organizations
6. Instruction Pipelining And Parallel Processing
7. Instruction Level Parallelism-Vliw, Vector, Array And Multithreaded Processors And Using Parallel Optimizing Compiler
8. The Memory System
10. Virtual Memory
11. Input/Output Organization
12. Multiprocessor Architectures