Jaico Publishing House
|Number of Pages
You don't have to be a great musician to appreciate great music. Nor do you need to be a great scientist to appreciate the exciting discoveries and intriguing mysteries of our universe.
Dr. Robert Piccioni brings the excitement of modern scientific discoveries to general audiences. He makes the key facts and concepts understandable without "dumbing" them down. He presents them in a friendly, conversational manner, and includes many personal anecdotes about the people behind the science.
With 33 images and over 100 graphics, this book explains the real science behind the headlines and sound bites. Learn all about:
• Our universe: How big? How old? What came before?
• The Big Bang, black holes, and supernovae
• Quantum Mechanics and uncertainty
• How the immense and the minute are connected
• What is Special about General Relativity
• How mankind can become Earth's best friend