Tata McGraw - Hill Education
|Number of Pages
This book presents an exhaustive exposition of both discrete and integrated electronics for digital and analog applications. Beginning with the behaviour of semiconductor devices including those used in ICs, the book discusses linear analog circuits. This includes a detailed analysis of discrete transistor circuits and operational amplifiers along with their applications. Digital circuits are discussed next, including basic logic circuits and their applications in combinational and sequential logic systems. This is followed by an in-depth discussion of signal generation and processing systems. These include analog and digital waveform generators, instrumentation systems using nonlinear analog ICs and digital-to-analog and analog-to-digital converters. Digital instrumentation, along with computer and microprocessor systems has also been discussed. Salient Features : Presents the complete development of the subject from discrete device operations to integrated circuits and systems for both analog and digital applications;Simple style of presentation - avoiding rigorous mathematics and explaining the subject in a step-by-step manner; Includes over 140 solved examples illustrating various concepts and techniques;More than 150 unsolved problems for practice.
Table of Contents
1. Vacuum Tubes and Semiconductors.
2. The Semiconductor Diode.
3. Bipolar Junction Transistor.
4. Field Effect Transistors.
5. Basic Transistor Amplifiers.
6. Multitransistor and Multistage Amplifiers.
7. Feedback Amplifiers and Sinusoidal Oscillators.
8. Linear Op Amp Systems.
9. Digital Circuits and Logic Families.
10. Combinational Logic Systems.
11. Sequential Logic Systems.
12. Waveshaping and Waveform Generation.
13. Non-Linear Analog Systems.
14. Digital-Analog Systems.