|Number of Pages
Revised and updated, this book outlines a business approach that engages the skills, experience, knowledge, and motivation of all employees.
Empowerment is not about giving power to people but releasing the power people already have. So say the authors of Empowerment Takes More Than a Minute. Now more than ever, organizations are maximizing their effectiveness by tapping their most vital resource -- the talents of their employees.
This book presents a game plan for empowering employees by defining three essential keys: sharing information, creating autonomy through boundaries, and replacing hierarchy with teams. Revised throughout, this edition uses more contemporary examples and language to address concerns specific to younger employees.
About the Author
Ken Blanchard is the Chief Spiritual Officer of The Ken Blanchard Companies, an international management training and consulting firm.
John P. Carlos is a management consultant, trainer, and motivational speaker. He heads his own consulting group and is a consulting partner with The Ken Blanchard Companies.
Alan Randolph is an internationally known management educator and consultant and accomplished author.
Table Of Contents
1. The Challenge
2. The Empowering Manager
3. The Land of Empowerment
4. The First Key: Share Accurate Information with Everyone
5. The Second Key: Create Autonomy through Boundaries
6. The Third Key: Replace Hierarchical Thinking with Self-managed Teams
7. The Three Keys in Dynamic Interaction
8. Give Everyone the Information to Act
9. Boundaries are Guidelines for Action
10. Allow Teams to Become Self-managed
11. Persist in Your Belief in Empowerment
12. The Empowerment Game Plan