Sage South Asia
|Number of Pages
Research methods: general
This exciting text from Jonthan Wilson is a must have for any student in a Business School doing a Research Methods course or doing a Research Project.
Essentials of Business Research: A Guide to Doing Your Research Project is a concise, student-friendly text that cuts through the jargon of research methods terminology to present a clear guide to the basics of methodology in a business and management context.This extremely accessible text is informed throughout by the use of clear case studies and examples that serve to bring the research process to life for student readers. Unusually for a Methods text, Wilson also explicitly considers the importance of the supervisor in the dissertation process, and explains for the reader what lecturers are looking for from their students at every stage of the process in a good research project.
This book aims to guide the student through the entire research process by using actual student case examples and explaining the role of the supervisor and how to meet their expectations.
Key features include:
- ?You?re the Supervisor? sections ? helps students to meet their learning outcomes
- ?Common questions and answers? ? provides students with an invaluable point of reference for some of the challenges they are likely to face while undertaking their research project
- Comprehensive section on ethical issues students need to consider when undertaking their research project
- A full student glossary
- The book is packed throughout with student-friendly features such as helpful diagrams, student case studies, chapter objectives, annotated further reading sections and summary and references at the end of each chapter.
Essentials of Business Research is accompanied by a companion website containing an array of material for lecturers and students including:
- multiple choice questions to enable students to test their knowledge and progress
- chapter-by-chapter links to academic journal articles demonstrating each method?s application
- chapter-by-chapter links to youtube resources to provide further context
- chapter-by-chapter powerpoint slides to help lecturers and students.
Visit the book`s website here: www.sagepub.co.uk/wilsonessentials
Table of Contents
An Introduction to Business Research
Developing a Research Topic
Conducting a Literature Review
Addressing Ethical Issues
Establishing a Research Design
Primary Data Collection
Using Secondary Data
Analyzing Quantitative Data
Analyzing Qualitative Data
Writing Up and Presenting Your Research