Tata McGraw - Hill Education
|Number of Pages
The book is designed to provide worked examples and develop the problem solving skills of students. It has been comprehensively revised in order to meet the needs of present day examination pattern of universities and competitive examinations. The worked examples and the problems have been segregated in three levels of difficulty: Simple, Medium and Fairly Hard and a good balance has been maintained throughout the text among these three categories of problems.
1. Complete offering on Fluid Mechanics and Hydraulic Machines fulfilling the requirements of examination pattern of universities and competitive exams.
2. Augmented coverage of Hydraulic Machines which includes Hydraulic Pumps, Hydraulic Turbines, Hydraulic Lift, Hydraulic Press, Hydraulic Accumulator, Hydraulic Ram etc.
3. Graded solved examples and worked problems in 3 levels of difficulty: Simple, Medium and Fairly Hard. TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Properties of Fluid.
2. Fluid Statics.
3. Fluid Flow Kinematics.
4. Energy Equation and Its Applications.
5. Momentum Equation and Its Applications.
6. Dimensional Analysis and Similitude.
7. Laminar Flow.
8. Boundary Layer Concepts.
9. Drag and Lift on Immersed Bodies.
10. Turbulent Pipe Flow.
11. Pipe Flow Systems.
12. Flow in Open Channels.
13. Flow Measurements.
14. Unsteady Flow.
15. Compressible Flow.
16. Fluid Flow Machines