Vikas Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Would you like your students to think logically, and invest more time and energy in their schoolwork? Would you like your students to think critically, and then structure their arguments into powerful persuasive essays? This book will help you rethink your curriculum so that critical thinking, argumentation, and standards can meet in a single, engaging format!
Begin by reading the research, and then follow the carefully scaffolded instruction to teach your students to:
• Argue effectively,
• Research and organize information,
• Think critically and analyze information,
• Write well persuasively.
Throughout the process students will also learn to:
• Gather accurate information,
• Evaluate their sources,
• Take notes on both sides of an issue,
• Think critically about those notes,
• Rehearse their ideas in oral arguments,
• Transfer the notes and ideas into an outline,
• Write a persuasive essay,
• Self-assess their writing, and
• Correctly cite the sources they have used.
If They Can Argue Well, They Can Write Well is just what you need to engage students and to assure that they develop research, speaking, and writing skills vital to their future success.