Wiley India Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Business & management
International strategy explores the three vital differences between domestic and international competition-The heterogeneity of markets in which companies are involved, the volatility of economic conditions that firms face and the increased scale of activities that is fostered by global participation. The text examines how these combined phenomena create tensions and trade offs along key factors, including which product to offer around the world, which countries in which to compete, where to locate various activities and how to organize the firm worldwide.
The Context Facing Multinational Firms
Conceptual Framework-What is Different about International Strategy?
Table of contents :-
Introduction - Motivation and Definition-what is International Strategy?
Part One - The Context Facing Multinational Firms
1. The Ubiquity and Importance of International Competition
2. Why do Firms go International? The Justification for the Existence of the Multinational Corporation
Part Two Conceptual Framework-what is Different about International Strategy?
3. What is Distinctively International about International Strategy?
4. What is Uniquely Strategic about International Strategy?
5. Generic International Strategies
6. Choice of Generic International Strategy
Part Three Managerial Implications
7. What Product?
8. Which Country?
9. Where to Locate?
10. How to Organize?
11. The Modern Multinational-is there One Best Strategy? Are We All Transnational Now?
About the Author