Phi Learning Private Ltd
|Number of Pages
Every quality-conscious organization needs to measure critical data, but many businesses waste time tracking and reviewing non-essentials. This innovative book shows how to concentrate on the few key measures that indicate a firm's true performance. It focuses on the areas considered vital in the Baldrige Quality Award criteria, the premiere model for evaluating the overall quality of an organization.
This practical, compact text will help readers learn to select and use the right metrics for measuring financial, operational and quality efforts, as well as formulate long-term measures such as customer and employee satisfaction, supplier performance, product/service quality, and environmental compliance.
This book will guide the readers
Evaluate their current approaches to measurement,
Select the right metrics,
Collect and report data more efficiently and usefully, and
Use the information to promote teamwork and strategy.
The book, illustrated with several tables and specific measuring systems of performance, should prove to be a boom for students of management and practising managers.
Table of Contents
Part I: Evaluating Your Measurement System
1. Measurement: The Key to World-Class Performance.
2. Problems with Most Measurement Systems.
3. Evaluating Your Existing Measurement System.
Part II: Selecting The Right Metrices
4. Keeping Score in World-Class Organizations.
5. Measuring Financial Performance.
6. Measuring Customer Satisfaction and Value.
7. Measuring Product / Service Quality.
8. Measuring Processes and Operational Performance.
9. Measuring Supplier Performance.
10. Measuring Employee Satisfaction.
Part III: Redesigning Your Measurement System
11. How to Design Your Own Measurement System.
12. Linking Measures to Strategy and Key Success Factors.
13. Reporting and Analyzing Performance Data.
14. Linking Measures, Goals, and Plans.