Ratna Sagar P. Ltd.
|Number of Pages
The CCE Edition of Living Science Primer, 1to 8 conform to the CBSE's vision of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation. This edition is enriched with activities that can be used for formative assessment (FA) and summative assessment (SA).
- The in-text questions can be used as oral quizzes to check the child's grasp of the concept.
- Multiple-choice questions and other selection-type questions have been included in each chapter.
- The tasks at the end of each chapter include activities, research projects, field tours, internet-linked research/activities and experiments. These tasks can be used for formative assessment.
- The HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) questions will develop the child's logical and analytical thinking.
- The LIFE SKILLS section will help to develop the child's capacity for critical thinking and his/her social adeptness with peers and in groups.
- TEACHER'S NOTES talk about the activities or suggestions that would assist teachers in making strategies on the teaching-learning process.
- Two model test papers have been give for summative assessment.
Key Features of Living Science Primer, 1-5
- In the Primer, big and colourful illustrations and photographs will capture the children's imagination and help them know the 'wonderful' world of science. The CHECKLIST on the inside back cover of the book will help the teacher assess the level of learning of the child. -
- The GREEN PAGES include activities to sensitize the children towards the environment and help them imbibe a love for it.
- The LET US DO section has activities for FA like research projects, field tours, group work, and peer work to help children apply the concepts of science.
- The section on LIFE SKILLS has checklists, pointsfor discussion, and issues that need critical thinking and decision making.
Also available websupport at Science Virtual Resource Centre www.science.ratnasagar.co.in