Ratna Sagar P. Ltd.
|Number of Pages
The CCE Edition of Living Science Primer, 1to 8 conform to the CBSE's vision of Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation. This edition is enriched with activities that can be used for formative assessment (FA) and summative assessment (SA).
- The in-text questions can be used as oral quizzes to check the child's grasp of the concept.
- Multiple-choice questions and other selection-type questions have been included in each chapter.
- The tasks at the end of each chapter include activities, research projects, field tours, internet-linked research/activities and experiments. These tasks can be used for formative assessment.
- The HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills) questions will develop the child's logical and analytical thinking.
- The LIFE SKILLS section will help to develop the child's capacity for critical thinking and his/her social adeptness with peers and in groups.
- TEACHER'S NOTES talk about the activities or suggestions that would assist teachers in making strategies on the teaching-learning process.
- Two model test papers have been give for summative assessment.
Key Features of Living Science 6-8
- Activities have been included in the chapters to explain and reinforce scientific concepts. These activities can be used for FA.
- Oral questions have been included to enable the teacher to check the child's progress. These questions can be used for FA.
- Exhaustive and varied exercises, including multiple-choice questions, very short-answer questions, short-answer questions and long-answer questions can be used for both FA and SA.
- The HOTS questions will greatly enhance the development of independent thinking skills.
- A section called FOR FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT consists of research projects, internet-linked research/activities, presentations, experimental projects, models and field tours.
- The section on LIFE SKILLS will further link science with the day-to-day life of a child and his/her surroundings.
Also available websupport at Science Virtual Resource Centre www.science.ratnasagar.co.in