|Number of Pages
Network Defense is the second of two books that are required for Level One of the Security Certified Program (SCP). This edition contains updated content and maps clearly to the exam objectives for the current Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP) exam. Although the primary emphasis is on intrusion detection, the book also covers such essential practices as developing a security policy and then implementing that policy by performing Network Address Translation, setting up packet filtering, and installing proxy servers, firewalls, and virtual private networks.
Maps completely to objectives for the Security Certified Network Professional (SCNP) SCO-402 certification exam.
Provides in-chapter activities to help readers immediately apply techniques and concepts.
Includes a running case project with each chapter that builds to create a cumulative network defense strategy.
Includes a mapping grid for the certification exam.
Offers extensive learning tools, including Hands-On Projects and Case Projects, which allow readers to practice skills as they are learned.
Table Of Contents
1. Network Defense Fundamentals
2. Security Policy Designs: Risk Analysis
3. Security Policy Implementation
4. Network Traffic Signatures
5. Virtual Private Network (VPN) Concepts
6. VPN Implementation
7. Intrusion Detection System Concepts
8. Intrusion Detection: Incident Response
9. Choosing and Designing Firewalls
10. Firewall Topology
11. Strengthening and Managing Firewalls
12. Strengthening Defense through Ongoing Management