Ratna Sagar Publishers
|Number of Pages
New Communicate in English 1 – 8 by Ratna Sagar builds a firm foundation in communicative English by focussing on the listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills of the student. The series has a Coursebook, a Workbook, and a Literature Reader, which provide a multi-dimensional approach to learning language, and a Teacher’s Companion (with Interactive CD) to facilitate the instructional process.
Why a Literature Reader
• Promoting the reading habit is an important objective of the CCE approach of CBSE.
• Language has its most beautiful expression in literature. Reading literature, therefore, is a cornerstone to imbibing good language.
The New CIE Literature Reader features:
• Differential content for a richer experience of people, life, culture, and values
• Tasks that encourage comprehension, inference, and creative writing
• Content on appreciating literary tradition and linguistic usage
• Literary genres – comedy, tragedy, satire, autobiography, fable, myth, across literary forms – short story, drama, poem, novel (extract)
New CIE Literature Readers 1 – 5 introduces children at the primary level to their first taste of English literature.