Ratna Sagar P. Ltd.
The series is a complete graded course based on tried and tested language-learning principles. Language is presented and analysed in its natural complexity, in a way that responds to the educational needs of pupils and the content of language education. The structure of the books has been customized according to the CCE pattern launched by the CBSE. Care has been taken to lay emphasis on the thought process and de-emphasis memorization.
- The pre-primary and primary books are specially designed to help children learn the skills of reading and writing through activities.
- The text covers diverse themes like adventure, humour, nature, science, sports, mystery, folklore, fiction, myths and legends.
- The main exercise sections after each reading text create a base for authentic language use. The multiple-choice questions offer special scope for the child to think and process information appropriately in order to get the correct answer.
- The COMPREHENSION section is designed to help students analyse a text consciously and strategically, thus promoting active and critical reading skills. The selection-type questions at the end of each reading text will help to develop the students' ability to summarize, sequence, infer, draw conclusions, distinguish between fact and opinion and find the main idea, important facts and supporting details.
- The THINK AND WRITE questions in Books 6-8 promote cognitive development and higher order thinking skills (HOTS).
- The WORD STUDY section contributes extensively to the reader' vocabulary.
- The GRAMMAR STUDY section presents the concepts structurally, focuses on their functional usage as well and are graded systematically in each book.
- The LISTENING and SPEAKING sections offer a wide range of tasks based on real-life situations to enable students to interact confidently in English.
- The WRITING section has tasks to practise in functional and imaginative writing. The scaffolding in the writing tasks develops confidence in students and makes the tasks less daunting.
- There are four sets of tasks for FORMATIVE ASSESSMENT in each book. These tasks include projects, internet based research activities, posters, mind maps, flowcharts, reviews and commentaries on the text. In addition, there are two test papers for SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT - one at the end of the first half of the book and the other at the end of the book.
Also available Teacher's Handbooks and websupport at ELT Virtual Resource Centre www.ratnasagar.co.in