Wiley India Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Table of Contents
· The mathematical models for fluid flow simulations at various levels of approximation.
· The basic equations of fluid dynamics.
· The dynamic levels of approximation.
· The mathematical nature of the flow equations and their boundary conditions.
· Basic discretization techniques.
· The finite difference method.
· The finite element method.
· Finite volume method and conservative discretization.
· The analysis of numerical schemes.
· The concepts of consistency, stability, and convergence.
· The von Neumann method for stability analysis.
· The method of the equivalent differential equation for the analysis of stability.
· The matrix method for stability analysis.
· The resolution of discretized equations.
· Integration methods for systems of ordinary differential equations.
· Iterative methods for the resolution of algebraic systems