AIEEE (earlier conducted by the CBSE) is NOW known as JEE Main (also conducted by CBSE), the single common and most important engineering entrance in India. JEE Main will not only provide admission to the NITs, IIITs & other govt. / pvt. Engineering colleges but will also shortlist 1.5 lakh students for the JEE Advanced, the entrance exam for entry into the IITs.
With the Boards having a weightage (40%) for admission through JEE Main the need of a book that can help students both in JEE Main and Boards becomes more prominent. The All New Objective Chemistry for JEE Main 2014 with Boards Score Booster encapsulates the formula for cracking Boards & JEE Main simultaneously.
Salient features of Disha's Objective Chemistry for JEE Main 2014 with Boards Score Booster book are:
- Exhaustive theory, with solved examples, explaining all fundamentals/ concepts to build a strong base.
- Illustrations to master applications of concepts & sharpen problem-solving skills.
- 4 levels of graded exercises to ensure sufficient practice.
- 1200+ NCERT based Questions (Boards Score Booster) for Board exams covered in a separate exercise.
- 1500+ past Competitive Exam MCQs of JEE Main/ AIEEE and other entrance exams to provide a better exposure covered in the exercise Window to Competitive Exams.
- 3500+ Practice MCQs for the JEE Main exam. Finally 2 Practice exercises at the end of each chapter Basic and Applied.
- The book covers all variety of questions as per the format of the previous year AIEEE/ JEE Main Papers.
- The book has a very strong focus on Practical Skills as per the syllabus of JEE Main exam and the questions that have been asked in previous exams. The book covers Volumetric Analysis, Analytical Chemistry and other practical skills as per the syllabus of JEE Main.
- Covers entire syllabus as per the latest NCERT books and JEE Main syllabus. The complete book has been aligned as per the chapter flow of NCERT class 11 & 12 books. At places certain chapters have been divided into sub-chapters. For example - Equilibrium is divided into 2 parts Part A Chemical Equilibrium; Part B Ionic Equilibrium.
TABLE OF CONTENTS : -
1. Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
2. Structure of Atom
3. Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
4. Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
5. States of Matter
Part A – Chemical Equilibrium
Part B – Ionic Equilibrium
8. Redox Reaction
10. The s-Block Elements
Part A – Alkali Metals
Part B – Alkaline Earth Metals
11. The p-Block Elements
Part A –Boron Family
Part B – Carbon Family
12. Organic Chemistry - Some Basic Principles & Techniques
Part A – Purification of Organic Compounds & Qualitative Analysis
Part B – Classification & Nomenclature of Organic Compounds
Part C – Hybridisation & Shape of Orbital
Part D – General Organic (Basic Concepts)
Part E – Isomerism
14. Environmental Chemistry
15. The Solid State
18. Chemical Kinetics
19. Surface Chemistry
20. General Principles & Processes of Isolation of Elements
21. The p-block Elements (Group 15, 16, 17 & 18)
Part A – Nitrogen Family
Part B – Oxygen Family
Part C – Halogens
Part D – Noble Gases
22. The d- and f- block Elements
23. Coordination Compounds
24. Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
25. Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
26. Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
Part A – Aldehydes and Ketones
Part B –Acids & their derivatives
28. Bio molecules
30. Chemistry in Everyday Life
31. Practical Chemistry
Part A – Volumetric Analysis
Part B – Principles related to Practical Chemistry