Vikas Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Organizational theory & behaviour
The third edition of Organizational Behaviour: Text and Cases offers a concise yet comprehensive coverage of the theories that determine behaviour in organizations. The relationship between effective organizational behaviour and the effective functioning of an organization is established through a clear and lucid style of presentation.
With the help of necessary concepts, tools and techniques necessary for understanding behaviour in organizations, this book attempts to unfold human behaviour at four levels; starting from the individual processes and moving on to the interpersonal, organizational, and change processes. It encourages active learning through exercises, field projects and case studies, and develops competencies that are essential for becoming successful managers and effective employees in organizations. The three new chapters--Career, Planning and Management; Performance and Reward Management; and Gender Issues in Management--help readers understand organizational behaviour in the current Indian business scenario better.
• Classroom-tested case studies pertaining to actual incidents from the workplace
• Several examples from BPCL, HCL Technologies, Wipro, Infosys and SAP highlighting the best practices in the industry
• Caselets focusing on behavioural issues in organizations
• Field projects involving students in data collection and analysis
• Marginalia summarizing crucial points and serving as quick references
• A companion website featuring multiple-choice questions, learning objectives, an instructor's manual, and PowerPoint lecture slides enabling effective presentation of concepts