Vikas Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Biography: science, technology & engineering
The book has been written for B.Tech / BE students in conformity with the syllabuses of various Indian universities. Special care has been taken to explain the complicated subject of power plant engineering in a language and with an approach so as to make it comprehensible and interesting to the undergraduate students. Thus, the basic concepts have been presented in brief but with full clarity. The orientation of the book has been kept towards the practical aspect of running the power plants while retaining the theoretical aspects at the same time, which is the unique feature of this book. Topics mentioned hereunder are either unique to this book or have received a focussed treatment:
1. Energy conservation and power tariff system (availability-based tariff).
2. Latest technology used in sub-critical / supercritical / fluidized bed boilers, losses in turbine, condenser and its tube cleaning and cooling tower.
3. Gas turbine cycle with its modification, blade cooling, jet propulsion.
4. Nuclear power strategy of India and nuclear power generation.
5. Mini- and micro- hydroelectric generation, governing of hydro turbines and diesel power plants.
6. Non-conventional power generation by solar thermal and photovoltaic, wind, gasification, geothermal, tidal, thermionic, thermoelectric, tidal, and biomass.
7. Latest techniques of combined cycle power generation.
8. Measurement of various parameters and their controls.
9. Environmental aspects of power plants.
The book is replete with solved examples. Every chapter ends with a summary, objective type questions and review questions. Practical problems have been provided wherever required. References of related published works and website addresses have also been provided for further studies.
Steam tables and Mollier diagram have been provided in the end as Annexure.