|Number of Pages
This hands-on, practical guide covers all aspects of recording, perfect for beginning and intermediate recording engineers, producers, musicians, and audio enthusiasts. Filled with tips and shortcuts, this book gives advice on equipping a home studio (both low-budget and advanced), suggestions for set-up, acoustics, choosing monitor speakers, and preventing hum. This best-selling guide also instructs how to judge recordings and improve them to produce maximum results.
New in the sixth edition:
* Complete update of digital media material, including updated equipment and microphone descriptions
* Digital performers and computer DAWs
*Additional material regarding ProTools ability to let owners choose other interfaces with their software
* More information on how the hook-ups in a studio work, with more advice on setting up a home project studio, and expansion of location recording material
* Further information on things like Auto-tune and multiband limiting, a useful plug-in round up
* Further information on workflow, addressing issues like file formats, uploading & downloading of songs and materials, and use of a computer as a recording device
* Expansion on Internet issues
* Updated home studio setup information, including the workflow with Windows 7 and Mac OSX
* Expansion of technicalities of MIDI, including data structure and controller codes
Companion website can be found at http://www.taylorandfrancis.com/cw/bartlett-9780240821535/.