Tata McGraw - Hill Education
|Number of Pages
This book on Principles of Process Control provides a complete and up-to date coverage of the course on Process Control in simple yet precise manner which leads to the development of a deeper understanding of the subject. The third edition has been updated keeping pace with the current trends in process control. An effort has been made to provide a fine balance between the old analogue techniques and new computer- based digital techniques.
Provides a comprehensive account of complex control techniques.
Illustrates typical industrial processes with their control schemes as case studies from boiler, steel, paper and distillation industries.
Includes discussions on innovative algorithms, distributed control schemes, selftuning techniques and adaptive control techniques. TABLE OF CONTENTS
List of Symbols
1. Basic Considerations
2. Processes: Transfer Functions and Modelling
3. Block Diagrams: Transient Response and Transfer Functions
4. Controllability and Stability
5. Basic Control Schemes and Controllers
6. Complex Control Schemes
7. Final Control Elements
8. Connecting Elements and Common Control Loops
9. Computer Control of Processes
10. Adaptive Control Systems
11. Process Control Systems