Vikas Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Biography: science, technology & engineering
This is a single-volume book on 'electrical machines' that teaches the subject precisely and yet with amazing clarity. The extent has been kept in control so that the entire subject can be covered by students within the limited time of the semesters. Thus, they will not have to consult multiple books anymore. The discussions of concepts include the modern trends used in industry, like efficient transformers, efficient induction motors, DC drives, and the problems related to them.
A special feature of this book is its presentation. Important statements have been set in bold type. Key equations have been given in separate boxes so that they can be spotted easily at the time of revising.
• Tools like 'Remember!', and 'In a Nutshell' aimed at focusing attention on important related points
• 'Key Points to Remember' at the end of each chapter to facilitate recapitulation of text in fast mode
• Appendix at the end of the book to provide additional useful information on machines
• More than 250 focused solved examples
• More than 300 numerical questions
• More than 400 descriptive questions