Vikas Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Entrance Exam Preparation
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations is an excellent book for those who want to master their skill in numerical ability, and accuracy in mathematical calculations. It is comprehensive in coverage, and contains effective pedagogical and assessment tools.
It provides a brief introduction to topics with some quick reference definitions and formulae, followed by hands-on Worked-Out Examples.
The book has been compiled after a close scrutiny of previous years’ papers of various competitive examinations, and the feedback received from candidates. It is divided into two blocks: Block one topics are aligned more towards the ‘conceptual understanding’ of Quantitative Aptitude or Mathematical Ability, and Block two topics are aligned more towards the ‘conceptual application’ of the basic aspects.
• Fully solved questions and alternative solving methods for selective questions
• Step-by-step solutions for better understanding
• More than 5,200 multiple-choice questions for practice, divided into three parts:
(i) Worked-Out Examples,
(ii) Practice Problems, and
(iii) Previous Years' Originals
• Banking examinations: IBPS-CWE and State Bank of India tests for Bank PO, Specialist Officers and Clerical Cadre
• UPSC examinations: Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT), CDS, CPF and other similar examinations
• SSC examinations: Combined Graduate Level (CGL), Central Police Officers (CPO-SI), Multi-tasking Cadre and other examinations
• MBA, MCA, BCA, BBA entrance examinations, including MAT (Management Aptitude Test) and CMAT (Common Management Admission Test)
• Governmental administrative officer’s exams: LIC, GIC, AAOs RBI Grade ‘A’ and ‘B’, and other such examinations
• Important exams such as NTSE, CLAT and hotel management