Shroff Publishers & Distributors Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Computer And Internet
The book titled ?Residential Interior Design for the Elderly and physically challenged? is a guide book on ergonomic dimensional references for designing home interiors for the elderly. In this book attempts have been made to develop a guidelines based on all the relevant literatures available globally and after judging them under the Ergonomics scanner in the Indian geriatric population. It has focused on several broader design issues which encourages the independence of the senior citizens and ultimately improving their quality of life. The book provides innumerous number of illustrations for better understanding of the design, practical solutions for modifying the home interiors and making it more elderly friendly.
Salient features of the book:
1. Only book to be available based on ergonomics and anthropometric data on Indians.
2. It gives general and very specific information/ guidelines on the home interior for Indian geriatric population.
3. The book can also be taken as a guideline for countries other than India especially the South east Asian countries.
4. The book is designed not only for the domain specific experts. It is also lucidly written for the general mass for interpretation and application.
5. So far there are no guidelines in India on interior space design for the Indian geriatric population