Goodwill Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Our home planet, Earth, is full of energy. In fact, there's more energy here than anything else. Energy is everywhere! Look around, and you can find a dozen kinds without even taking a step:
Solar. Heat. Light. Fluid. Sound. Pressure. Electrical. Chemical. Mechanical. Magnetic. Electromagnetic. Gravity. And many more.
What better place to look for a science fair project than in a demonstration of energy? Here are projects designed to be "around-you science," things you turn into a science fair project right where you are:
• What types of energy are released during a storm?
• How does energy change from one form to another?
• How does your home lose energy, and what can you do to prevent it?
• What can a simple plastic band teach you about potential energy?
• If you wanted to put up a windmill, which spot near your home would catch the strongest breezes?
• How does microwave energy cook food?
You'll find complete, simple, illustrated instructions for over 50 great experiments that deal with steam, storms, fossil fuels, how your body turns food into energy, trees as air conditioners, taking radio energy out of the air, and much more.
The greatest form of energy of all is-your curiosity!