This book will be a dive into core features of Microsoft SharePoint 2010. SharePoint 2010 is the latest release of Microsoft SharePoint and is an evolutionary entry into the portal space. SharePoint 2010 brings to market a set of tremendous features including
• Advancements in user interface customization
• Social Networking
• Business Connectivity Services
• Development Improvements
• And many more
The previous version Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 is one of the fastest growing server businesses in Microsoft history. Microsoft has sold more than 100,000,000 SharePoint licenses, doubling its partner base to over 3,300 certified partners. SharePoint 2010 will undoubtedly build on that success and expand the market even further.
• SharePoint has become one of Microsoft's biggest new successes. It is predicted to grow at a 20% rate and currently is used by over 55% of organizations.
• More than 100 million end user licenses have been shipped for SharePoint and it is deployed in over 17,000 enterprise customers' environments
• This version adds developer support with better Visual Studio tools for SharePoint, LINQ support, Ajax, Silverlight, Microsoft's new FAST search, and mobile and Groove client support
• More than 85 million end user licenses have been shipped for SharePoint
Publisher Marketing Description:
Primary audience: SharePoint Architects and Administrators
Secondary audience: SharePoint Developers
The ideal reader for this book is someone new to SharePoint, and looking to understand what they need to focus on in order to successfully take advantage of the Microsoft SharePoint platform.
• For the first time Wrox offers a complete, but concise book covering 6 of the top subject areas on SharePoint 2010 (Development, Workflow, Branding, BCS, Social Networking, Search)
• There are currently over 100,000,000 share point licenses and over 3,300 partners growth with SharePoint 2010 will be explosive
• This book provides coverage on all the key areas needed to get up and running on SharePoint 2010 in one place
• Core team of expert MVP authors provide concise guidance on the top areas needed to learn how to be successful with SharePoint 2010
• The author team is extremely active in their respective regional SharePoint communities and will be extensively promoting the book at their frequent appearances and online.
TABLE OF CONTENTS : -
PART I: FOUNDATIONS AND OVERVIEW.
• SHAREPOINT OVERVIEW.
• PLANNING FOR SHAREPOINT.
• GETTING STARTED WITH SHAREPOINT.
PART II: BRANDING WITH SHAREPOINT 2010.
• MASTER PAGES.
• SHAREPOINT THEMES.
• CASCADING STYLE SHEETS AND SHAREPOINT.
PART III: DEVELOPMENT WITH SHAREPOINT.
• FEATURES AND SOLUTIONS.
• INTRODUCTION TO SHAREPOINT DEVELOPMENT.
• PUBLISHING IN SHAREPOINT SERVER 2010.
PART IV: BUSINESS CONNECTIVITY SERVICES.
• INTRODUCING BUSINESS CONNECTIVITY SERVICES.
• BUILDING SOLUTIONS USING BUSINESS CONNECTIVITY SERVICES.
PART V: SOCIAL NETWORKING WITH SHAREPOINT 2010.
• WHY SOCIAL NETWORKING IS IMPORTANT IN SHAREPOINT 2010.
• TAGGING AND RATINGS.
• MY SITE.
PART VI: SHAREPOINT WORKFLOW.
• WORKFLOW INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND.
• BUILDING AND USING WORKFLOW IN SHAREPOINT 2010.
• VISUAL STUDIO: WHEN SHAREPOINT DESIGNER IS NOT ENOUGH.
PART VII: ENTERPRISE SEARCH.
• INTRODUCTION TO ENTERPRISE SEARCH.
• ADMINISTERING AND CUSTOMIZING.
• FAST SEARCH.
• WRAPPING IT ALL UP.
About The Author:
Chris Geier has spent the past 4 years working in the workflow and BPM space. Chris also dabbles in community development and Social Media.
Cathy Dew (MCTS) is a SharePoint Consultant and Graphic Designer for CTS, Inc. in Birmingham, Alabama. Cathy helped found the Birmingham SharePoint User's Group last year. She is a frequent presenter at both user groups and conferences.
Becky Bertram is an independent consultant living in the St. Louis area. She is a Microsoft MVP for SharePoint Server and has passed all four SharePoint MCTS exams.
Raymond Mitchell is a frequent speaker at the Minnesota SharePoint User Group. He has also spoken at the Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, and St. Louis SharePoint User Groups, as well as several SharePoint Camps.
Wes Preston is a SharePoint consultant and Microsoft MVP. He works primarily as a SharePoint product specialist and IT Pro.
Andrew Clark is a Senior SharePoint Consultant based in the Chicagoland area. His background is predominately ASP.NET web application development and he has recently focused on SharePoint for the past three years.