|Number of Pages
The book effectively integrates various aspects of education, leadership, coaching, and success. It underscores the importance of educators who lead from the front with their example and passion, and are the real leaders in the society.
Emphasizes on academic leadership, and unfolds author's new teaching tool - 'Meka's Method' to engage the students effectively in the classroom to ensure effective teaching outcomes.
Outlines tools and techniques in teaching and training methodologies.
Unveils challenges for educators and students, and explains with ideas to overcome them successfully.
Eulogizes the role of educators in shaping students and the nation.
Implores to see positive things in others and excel as leaders.
The book contains interesting case studies, stories, anecdotes, and illustrations. It provides a series of practical, proven, easy-to-apply ideas, and strategies that help you become a successful academic leader. It is an inspirational book for educators, students, coaches, trainers, leaders, and learners, especially for those who are passionate to share their knowledge with others, and aspire to excel as academic leaders.
About the Author
Professor M.S.Rao is recognized as one of the world's leading leadership educators, authors, speakers, coaches and consultants. He has more than three decades of experience in leadership development, and conducts training programs for various corporates and educational institutions. He is a Success Coach and Motivational Speaker, and delivers Guest Lectures upon request. His areas of interest include Leadership, Coaching, and Learning and Development.
He is the Founder of MSR Leadership Consultants, India. He is the author of 16 books including Secrets of Your Leadership Success: The 11 Indispensable E's of a Leader; Soft Leadership: Make Others Feel More Important; Smart Leadership: Lessons for Leaders; Stand Out! Build a Successful Career and Become a Global Leader; and Spirit of Indian Youth: Soft Skills for Young Managers. He has published more than 250 papers and articles in international publications such as Leadership Excellence, Leader to Leader, T+D Magazine (ASTD), Personal Excellence, Chief Learning Officer Magazine, Emerald, Sage, and The Journal of Values Based Leadership (US).
He is the Editorial Advisory Board Member for various prestigious international journals including Development and Learning in Organizations and Industrial and Commercial Training of Emerald Journals (U.K.), International Journal of Business Administration (Canada) and Journal of Business Studies Quarterly (US). He is the reviewer for various prestigious international journals including Emerald.
Table of Contents
PART I: Academic Leadership
1. Teachers are True Leaders
2. Great Teachers are Born in the Hearts of the Students
3. How to Teach Well, and Motivate Students?
4. Meka's Method: An Innovative Teaching Tool
5. Classroom Management
6. Cue Cards are Clue Cards
7. Principals are Academic Leaders
PART II: Management Education
8. Challenges for Management Educators
9. Challenges for Students
10. An Ideal Business School Student
11. What They don't Teach in Business Schools?
12. Is Doctoral Degree a Decoration or a Qualification?
PART III: Success
13. Managing People During Failures and Success
14. Manage Multiple Channels and Make Your Decisions Wisely
15. Sharpen Your Saw
16. God is Making You Greater
PART IV: Coaching
17. Embrace and Facilitate Change Effectively
18. Marshall Goldsmith: A Coaching Legend
19. Coaching and Talent Conversations
20. What Got You Here Will Get You There
PART V: Leadership
21. Leadership is not a Passing Cloud
22. Level 6 Leaders
23. Growing Indian Management Gurus Globally
24. Appreciate Others and Excel as a Leader