PHI learning Pvt Ltd
|Number of Pages
Business & management
The new edition of this widely-read book provides an effective approach for developing a clear strategic plan in the new world order. Changes made in this edition are aimed at illustrating the effect of new business concepts and techniques on strategic management theory and practice. Due to the magnitude of recent changes affecting companies, cultures and countries, every page of this edition has been updated. A few new features of this edition are given below.
• Brand new Cohesion Case on Walt Disney company.
• Brand new or improved Assurance of Learning Exercises at the end of all chapters to apply chapter concepts. The exercises prepare students for strategic management case analysis.
• Brand new examples throughout the book.
• All new current readings at the end of each chapter; new research and theories of seminal thinkers in strategy development, such as Arnoff, Chandler, Porter, Hamel, Prahald, Mintzberg and Barney.
• Twenty-seven brand new cases grouped by industry.
About the Author
Part 1: Overview of Strategic Management
Chapter 1: The Nature of Strategic Management
Part 2: Strategy Formulation
Chapter 2: The Business Vision and Mission
Chapter 3: The External Assessment
Chapter 4: The Internal Assessment
Chapter 5: Strategies in Action
Chapter 6: Strategy Analysis and Choice
Part 3: Strategy Implementation
Chapter 7: Implementing Strategies: Management and Operations Issues
Chapter 8: Implementing Strategies: Marketing, Finance/Accounting, RandD, and MIS Issues
Part 4: Strategy Evaluation
Chapter 9: Strategy Review, Evaluation, and Control
Part 5: Key Strategic-Management Topics
Chapter 10: Business Ethics/Social Responsibility/Environmental Sustainability
Chapter 11: Global/International Issues
Part 6: Strategic-Management Case Analysis
How to Prepare and Present a Case Analysis
About the Author: Fred R David
Fred R. David, Francis Marion University, Florence, South Carolina, USA