John Wiley & Sons
|Number of Pages
All of the breadth and depth of organic drug synthesis-in one resource
This work offers a clear examination of the synthetic routes followed to prepare a range of compounds with assigned generic names. With drugs selected for the illustrative value of the chemistry used for synthesis, the book illustrates a great variety of organic transformations and structural classes of compounds.
Ideal for anyone learning or working in organic, medicinal, or pharmaceutical chemistry today, Strategies for Organic Drug Synthesis and Design includes:
* Coverage of carbocyclic and heterocyclic compounds-steroids, opioid analgesics, beta lactam antibiotics, and more
* Hundreds of reaction flow charts detailing routes used to prepare over 600 compounds
* Biological rationales for drug classes and actions of individual agents
* Capsule presentations of basic principles of drug action
* An extensive chemical reaction index with over 3,000 entries.