Walker & Company
|Number of Pages
Here is the best science has to offer the common man: 100 activities guaranteed to excite your mind, challenge your body, and fill you with wonder.
The editors of New Scientist--one of the world?s leading science and technology magazines--have handpicked things they would most like to do during their lifetime:
- Swim in a bioluminescent lake.
- Listen to an iceberg being born.?
- Measure the speed of light with chocolate.?
- See Saturn?s rings.?
- Make liquid nitrogen ice cream.?
- Walk in a dinosaur?s footprints.?
- Walk up walls like a gecko.?
- Taste the world?s weirdest food.?
- See your own DNA.?
Some of these activities you can do immediately, some you can dream about, but every one will stimulate your imagination.? From the amazing to the merely adventurous, the eccentric to the utterly memorable, they will broaden your horizons and make you appreciate the potential of the world we live in.
And if you think life is too short, how about becoming a diamond or nailing a murderer after you die?