SAGE Publications Ltd
|Number of Pages
This highly practical and informative book provides unique insights into the essential features of rural markets in India as well as challenges posed by the rural consumer. Retaining the managerial perspective of the first edition, this second edition has been thoroughly revised and expanded, and examines in greater detail the concept of rural markets and rural marketing. It also contains numerous short cases to illustrate how social and cultural habits influence rural consumer behaviour.
The book contains comprehensive insights into:
- The nature and patterns of rural behaviour.
- A detailed profile of the rural market.
- The opportunities available in rural markets and new methods used to access the rural consumer.
- Strategic decisions for new product development.
- Promotion, distribution, communication, and channel servicing decisions.
- the importance of rural market institutions such as haats and melas.
- Emerging channels to access rural market.
A guide to strategic marketing and management decisions, this book will be of interest to students of marketing and management as well as professionals in the field.
Table of Contents
Preface to the Second Edition
Preface to the First Edition
Rural Marketing: Opportunities and Challenges
Profile of the Rural Market
Researching Rural Markets
Communicating in the Rural Market Landscape
Communication: Language and Culture
Operationalising Communication Strategy: Issues and Approaches in Media
Retailer as a Route to the Rural Market
Haats, Melas and Mobile Traders
Access the Rural Consumer: Emerging Channels
A Competitive Strategy for Rural Markets
Appendix: Reference for Cases on Rural Marketing