The Handbook to Literary Research is a practical guide for students embarking on postgraduate work in Literary Studies. It introduces and explains research techniques, methodologies and approaches to information resources, paying careful attention to the differences between countries and institutions, and providing a range of key examples.
This fully updated second edition is divided into five sections which cover
- Tools of the trade ? a brand new chapter outlining how to make the most of literary resources;
- Textual scholarship and book history ? explains key concepts and variations in editing, publishing and bibliography;
- Issues and approaches in literary research ? presents a critical overview of theoretical approaches essential to literary studies;
- The dissertation ? demonstrates how to approach, plan and write this important research exercise;
- Glossary ? provides comprehensive explanations of key terms, and a checklist of resources.