|Number of Pages
Engineering graphics & technical drawing
This book makes it easier to use and learn Mathematica by substituting menus and dialog boxes for typing commands. Access Mathematica's power instantly by pointing and clicking in the simplified environment provided on the CD enclosed in this book. The Joy of Mathematica is both a manual for the software and an introduction to using Joy and Mathematica for mathematics and its applications to other fields. The Joy of Mathematica can be used as a supplement to mathematics texts in calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra.
Note: Mathematica 3.0 or higher is required to use the accompanying software.
* Runs on both Windows and Power Macintosh platforms
* Is optimized for Mathematica 4.0
* Requires that Mathematica's kernel and front end be on the same computer
* Includes a palette for easy entry of common mathematical notation
* Contains ready-to-use exercises and labs for the mathematics classroom
* Now includes more coverage of multivariable calculus and differential equations, in addition to single-variable calculus and linear algebra
About the Authors:
Alan Shuchat (Ph.D., University of Michigan) and Fred Shultz (Ph.D., University of Wisconsin) are both Professors of Mathematics at Wellesley College in Wellesley, Massachusetts. They have each won awards at Wellesley for excellence in teaching. This book was developed initially to make more effective use of Mathematica in their own courses and has won wide acceptance since the publication of its First Edition in 1994.