|Number of Pages
Music, Films and Entertainment
The Magazines Handbook has firmly established itself as the essential introduction to the theories and practices of the modern magazine industry. This fully updated third edition comprehensively examines the business of publishing magazines today and the work of the contemporary magazine journalist.
Jenny McKay draws examples from a broad range of publications to explore key jobs in the industry, covering everyone from the sub editor to the fashion assistant, as well as analysing the many skills involved in magazine journalism, including commissioning, researching, interviewing, and production.
Updated specialist chapters discuss the growth and development of electronic publishing and online journalism, new directions in magazine design, photography and picture editing, and the most up to date legal frameworks in which magazine journalists must operate.
The Magazines Handbook includes:
• Interviews with magazine journalists, editors, and publishers
• Advice on starting out and freelancing in the magazine industry
• An analysis of 'new journalism' and reportage
• A glossary of key terms and specialist concepts
• Information on contacts, courses and professional training.