Prentice Hall India
|Number of Pages
Media, information & communication industries
The Media of Mass Communication, 11th edition, makes students understand how the media work and why. The book engages students as both consumers and creators of mass media and explore the latest mediaeconomic, technological, cultural and political shifts all in historical context. It also engages them with the coverage of ongoing transformations in mass media as analysts, examining the various ways in which media impacts the world as they hone their media literacy skills. Acknowledged for its dynamic writing style the book helps students see why the media are in such a tumultuous transition and provides tools for understanding the reshaping of the entire media industry.
New to This Edition
1. The impact of Internetbased media and new delivery devices.
2. Greater emphasis on world events and the globalization of mass media.
3. New and Updated Features.
4. Fresh, current examples.
5. Fully updated visual program.
Table of Contents
1. Mass Media Literacy.
Part OneMass Media Fundamentals
2. Media Technology.
3. Media Economics. Part TwoMass Media Industries:
4. Ink on Paper.
5. Sound Media.
6. Motion Media.
7. New Media Landscape. Part ThreeMass Media Content:
10. Public Relations.
11. Advertising. Part FourMass Media Issues:
12. Mass Audiences.
13. Mass Media Effects.
14. Governance and Mass Media.
15. Mass Media Globalization.
16. Media Law.
17. Ethics. Index. Credits.