Cambridge University Press
|Number of Pages
For hundreds of years, we thought we knew what happened during Jesus' last days. Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter Sunday are not only observed by Christians around the world, but are also recognized in calendars and by non-practitioners as commemorating the true timeline of events in the life of Christ. But apparent inconsistencies in the gospel accounts of Jesus' final week have puzzled Bible scholars for centuries. In The Mystery of the Last Supper, Colin Humphreys uses science to reveal the truth about Jesus' final days. Reconciling conflicting Gospel accounts and scientific evidence, Humphreys reveals the exact date of the Last Supper in a definitive new timeline of Holy Week.
Table of Contents
1. Four mysteries of the last week of Jesus
2. Dating the crucifixion - the first clues
3. The problem of the last supper
4. Can we reconstruct the Jewish calendar at the time of Christ?
5. The date of the crucifixion
6. The moon will be turned to blood
7. Did Jesus use the solar calendar of Qumran for his last supper Passover?
8. Does ancient Egypt hold a key to unlocking the problem of the last supper?
9. Discovering the lost calendar of ancient Israel
10. Was the lost ancient Jewish calendar used in Israel at the time of Jesus?
11. The date of the last supper: the hidden clues in the gospels
12. From the last supper to the crucifixion: a new analysis of the gospel accounts
13. A new reconstruction of the final days of Jesus
Index of modern authors
Index of Biblical and other ancient sources