Jaico Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Build Richer and Stronger Relationships - Personal and Professional!
People often assume that listening is easy, yet it's the least understood communication skill. Many of us make little effort to learn or develop an ability to listen well. Poor listening is the cause of communication breakdowns in every area of life, particularly in personal relationships. This book suggests effective ways to become a better listener.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE
• understanding points of view - your own and other people's
• communication techniques and rules
• the difference between hearing and listening
• establishing rapport and setting boundaries
• body language; how to respond, with and without words
• taking risks and expressing feelings
The guidance provided in The Power of Listening will help you build richer, stronger relationships.
Mary Hartley is a successful writer, presenter and personal development coach specialising in people skills and communication.