|Number of Pages
From informal luncheons to formal meetings before selection committees, more than one million business presentations are given in the United States every working day. Unfortunately, very few efforts succeed, primarily because the professionals making them don't place a premium on the real power of the presentation--the pitch that will win the business. Instead, they get hung up on writing proposals or creating PowerPoint slides.
The ability to powerfully present oneself can be many times more valuable than technical knowledge and experience, according to training expert Gary Hankins. For the first time, he has outlined his proprietary formula that will virtually guarantee success for sales, marketing, advertising, and public relations professionals and executives at all levels. The Power of the Pitch shows readers how to incorporate into their own presentations the same techniques and strategies Hankins and his team use to coach thousands of professionals in a variety of industries. Examples include:
• Vital steps to be taken before and after every presentation
• How to get prospects to like the presenter within the critical first 30 seconds of a presentation
• A powerful way to organize the content of any presentation
• Ways to grab an audience, keep their attention, and leave them wanting more
• Tips on effectively using technology, such as Web conferencing, videoconferencing, and teleconferencing
Unlike most communication books, The Power of the Pitch provides a comprehensive, time-tested formula for successful presentations that can be followed from the moment the appointment is made until the prospect says "yes." Also included is a list of books, newsletters, Web sites, and downloads that will aid in creating increasingly more successful pitches.