Jaico Publishing House
|Number of Pages
Foreword by DR. DIPAK C. JAIN, former dean of INSEAD
A BUSINESS NOVEL INSPIRED BY THE MAHABHARATA
THE YOGIC MANAGER is a business novel that retells the ancient Sanskrit epic, the Mahabharata. The monumental war of Kurukshetra has been recreated in the business world at a consulting firm called Characterra Consulting. The protagonist Arjun Atmanand faces a crisis when his conscience clashes with the instructions of his boss and Characterra's founder, Raja Sahamkar. To help him with his crisis, Arjun receives advice from Yogi, a being with supernatural powers. Arjun learns Yoga and Vedanta from Yogi, which he later uses to build a bridge between Yoga-Vedanta and Management.
By reading and studying this book, you will:
• Start to challenge conventional ways of thinking about business and gain a new, holistic perspective of Management
• Learn the principles and framework of Yogic Management, which you can then immediately apply to your work
• Become a more productive knowledge worker by learning how to control and channel the most powerful instrument of knowledge work - the mind
• Gain practical advice on how to build physical, mental, intellectual and spiritual strength
• Live a balanced and purposeful life by going through the four phases prescribed in Yoga-Vedanta
• Join the evolution of Management - a movement that will elevate the human condition and restore harmony to an imbalanced planet
AVINASH SHARMA is a senior consultant for strategic programs at a large Canadian bank in Toronto. He earned his MBA from the Queen's School of Business (Ontario). From 2008 to 2012, he researched Sanskrit texts, including the Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, Upanishads and Yoga Sutras, to determine how Yoga-Vedanta can be applied to Management. The Yogic Manager is the product of this research.