Jaico Publishing House
|Number of Pages
The five rules of a Twitchhiker:
1. You can only accept offers of travel and accommodation from people on Twitter.
2. You can't make any travel plans further than three days in advance.
3. You can only spend money on food, drink and anything that fits in your suitcase.
4. If there is more than one offer, you choose. If there is only one, you have to take it within 48 hours.
5. If you are unable to move on from a location within 48 hours, the challenge is over and you go home.
Bored in the supermarket one day, Paul wonders how far he can get in 30 days through the goodwill of fellow 'Twitter'ing social networkers. He sets his sights on Campbell Island near New Zealand - the point on the planet opposite to his home in Newcastle. In an adventure wrapped in nonsense, he travels by car, bus, boat, plane and train, sleeps in five-star luxury and on no-star sofas, resorts to the hair of the dog in multiple time zones and schmoozes with Hollywood A-listers - all the while wearing the same pair of underpants.