Tata McGraw - Hill Education
|Number of Pages
Human Capital has been clearly identified as a key differentiator between the high performance organizations and others. It is truly believed that unlocking human capital will be the biggest competitive edge for any organization in the next decade. The book is clearly intended to help top management make insightful people-related decisions. It is full of pragmatic ideas presented in a simple, readable style that any CEO and HR practitioner will find useful. TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part-I: Strategic Imperatives
1. The Board and Human Capital
2. Have CEOs Turned into HR Managers?
3. The Never-Ending Challenge of 3. Work-Life Balance
4. The Real HR Stuff for CEOs
5. Structure and Musical Chairs---For Whom did the Music Stop?
6. Restructuring and Living to Tell the Story
7. Driving Enterprise Performance
8. Driving Individual Performance
9. Identify and Take Care of the Rock Stars!
10. A Stock Option Program that Works
11. Dealing with Cultural Diversity--A Unique Middle East Challenge
12. Strategic Project Management
13. Role of the Strategy Management Office
14. It is Lonely at the Top
15. HR Management in Family Businesses
16. HR Challenges in a Merger Situation
Part-II: Operational Stuff
17. An HR Department that Works!
18. Developing an HR Scorecard
19. Can Manpower Planning Work?
20. Innovative Fix for Hiring Challenges
21. Mentoring--Does It Sound Greek?
22. The Nightmare Called Training
23. I Just Called to Say Hello!
24. Taking Care of Happy Campers
25. Having a Great Off-site
26. Employee Ethics and Responsibilities
27. Setting up Your Firm's Oscars
28. Effective Sales Force Compensation
29. Managing Employee Exits