D.K. Printworld (P) Ltd.
|Number of Pages||294 Pages|
The result of a seminar?s proceedings, the volume presents an understanding of God in various religions and traditions around the world. It examines the concept of the Brahman in Hindu religious thought, and God as forming the relationship between the unmanifest Brahman and the manifest Universe. It views the approach of the Semitic religions that make absolute difference between God and Man. It discusses the glory associated with God, the nature of the Supreme God and His lesser denominations as well as the modern notion of God as a human creation and residing in the mind of Man. It delves into the core of the Upanishadic thought, God in Tibetan thought, signs of Allah and his attributes in Islam, God in the Zoroastrian faith, Buddhism and Jainism vis-a-vis the notion of divinity and the Christian conception of the divine. It deals with God in the Shamanic cosmogonies of some Adivasi groups of eastern India and the syncretic folk deities of Sundarbans in West Bengal. The scholars interpret the cosmological, teleological and ontological proofs, in various forms, to understand the reality of God.
The volume, with its painstaking studies, will prove invaluable to scholars and readers, mainly those associated with religious studies.
Part I : PHILOSOPHY AND RELIGION :
1. Homage to Mahatma Gandhi/Baidyanath Saraswati
2. God and His Kindreds : An Upanishadic View/R.C. Sharma
3. God in Tibetan Thought/H.H. Tenzin Gyatso
4. God/Uma Marina Vesci
5. Radiance of God/S.N. Tewari
6. Supreme God and its Lesser Denominations/K.N. Sahay
7. God in Different Religions/B.D. Tripathi
8. God : A Human Creation/Bashistha Narayan Sinha
9. The Non-Existent God/Satya Prakash Mittal
10. God, Music and Psychology/Balananda Sinha
11. God is Love : A Christian Conception of the Divine/Francis Gonsalves, S.J.
12. Signs of Allah and His Attributes as per Holy Quran/A.S. Inam Shastri
Part II : SCIENCE AND SOCIETY :
13. Bongas in Santal Thought/Onkar Prasad
14. Syncretic Folk Deities of Sundarbans Delta/Gautam Kumar Bera
15. Forms of Proto-Devi or Adyashakti : In the Shamanic Cosmogonies of some Adivasi Groups of Eastern India/Stefano Beggiora
16. Who am I Worshipping? : Ritual Ambiguity and Devotional Practices in a Bengali Hierogamic Celebration/Fabrizio M. Ferrari
17. God : A Sociological View/Santosh Kumar Mishra
18. Contemporary Society and Indian View of the Divine Mother/Jaya Saraswati