National Council Of Educational Research And Training
|Number of Pages||160 Pages|
|Dimensions (Cms)||20 x 14 x 1|
Designed as per the guidelines and syllabus of the CBSE, the Indian Society Textbook is an apt choice for the students of Class 12 to learn Sociology. It has been published by the NCERT in order to introduce the young students to the world of Sociology through a simple to understand, interactive flow of words. It also improves the knowledge of the students about the structure of the Indian society and also some notable personalities of the country like B. R. Ambedkar.
Table of Contents:
• How to use this textbook
• Introducing Indian Society
• The Demographic Structure of the Indian Society
• Social Institutions: Continuity and Change
• The Market as a Social Institution
• Patterns of Social Inequality and Exclusion
• The Challenges of Cultural Diversity
• Suggestions for Project Work
• It comes with crisp definitions that let the students understand complex socio-scientific phenomenon with ease.
• Interactive exercises let the students self-assess their acquired knowledge.
• Each chapter has been divided into subsection so that the students learn it all, one at a time.
• Detailed illustrations and tabular representations make the learning easy.
• The glossary at the end contains the explanations or simplifications of the tough expressions used in the chapters.