What all allied health professional need to know about emergency preparedness
Manual of First Aid & Emergency for Health Professionals is the first textbook that prepares health professionals for their important roles in disaster response.
• Discover how your professional skills can be applied in disaster response.
• Understand the impacts of disasters on public health and the healthcare system.
• Know how disaster responses are organized.
• Create a family emergency Plan.
• Learn about personal safety equipment and procedures.
• Cope with the stress of disaster response.
• Receive an orientation to emergency procedures at medical facilities and emergency sites.
• Meet the special needs of at-risk patients.
• Be ready to meet employers' expectations.
• Explore volunteer opportunities.
• Serve your community and nation.
• Become an effective, confident responder.