|Number of Pages||416 Pages|
It is vital for hospitality management students to understand key management concepts as part of the complex and intimate nature of the services industry. Principles of Management for the Hospitality Industry is designed specifically for hospitality students who need to be able to use management tools and techniques to become successful hospitality managers.
By placing you at the heart of an imaginary workplace this book offers the opportunity to work through all of the items of discussion for each topic. The chapter begins with a scenario to prompt an exploration of a given topic, and concludes with the outcome of this scenario to reinforce the lessons learnt throughout the chapter.
Highly practical in approach, this is an up-to-date and skilful integration of all core areas of management. It is packed with tools and techniques to aid learning and understanding:
· Improve your professional management vocabulary with definitions in each chapter, and a complete glossary of terms.
· Visualise key concepts with over one hundred explanatory diagrams
· Gain confidence by testing your understanding on the accompanying website
· Practical applications of theory are illustrated in international case studies throughout the book
· Discussion questions prompt an exploration of key concepts