Biotechnology: Science for the New Millennium is the perfect textbook and lab manual combination program for your classroom! Designed for introductory courses, this complete program teaches the concepts and hands-on lab procedures required for entry-level careers in the rapidly growing biotechnology industry. The textbook and lab manual can be used together or separately, depending on the desired course format.
- Thorough coverage of the concepts and processes of biotechnology research and manufacturing in the areas of pharmaceuticals, agriculture, industrial products, and instrumentation.
- Extensive discussion of genomics, microarrays, and proteomics.
- Exciting information on biotechnological advances in drug discovery, gene therapy, plant-based pharmaceuticals, forensics, and horticulture.
- Thought-provoking sidebars on bioethics, current events, regulations, emergent trends, recent advances, and research techniques.
- Substantial presentation of the business side of biotechnology, including opportunities and careers in academic, industrial, and regulatory biotechnology.
- Includes new and improved sections, projects, and lab activities that address current scientific methods and developments in the biotechnology industry!
- Updated statistics, figures, and photos.